Did you know that researchers in Sweden have found that joggers who exercise in a natural green setting feel more restored and less anxious, angry, or depressed than people who burn the same amount of calories jogging in a built urban setting??
Join us in our Wild Ultra Marathon where we challenge you to run or walk a total of 50 km (equivalent to 1.65 km per day) throughout the month of November. The distance can be completed in several runs/walks/hikes or in one run.
The main goal of this activity is to explore and be mindful of nature around you while running or walking. Here are some ways of how you can make your runs more impactful:
1. Make sure to always use your reusable water bottle and avoid buying plastic bottles
2. Aim to make smart sustainable choices by purchasing/using sustainable clothes and shoes
3. Leave no trace behind in your runs while also practicing Plogging (picking up litter while jogging)
4. Lastly, be mindful of nature around you and aim to learn more on what you observe
All participants will need to download Strava and join the Connect with Nature club in the app to track their distances. You can also keep an eye on the leaderboard which highlights everyone's progress
The following are different location to explore and suggested distances to complete:
- Jumeirah Beach Running Track: Kite beach 14 km (Track)
- Palm Jumeirah Running track: Al Ittihad Park 5km (Track)
- Zabeel Park 6km (Track)
- Qudra Lakes 5 km (Trail)
- Wadi Hatta Hub 5km (Trail)
- Rabi Tower 6km (Trail)
- Al Ain Oasis 5km (walk)
- Jubail Mangrove Park 2km (walk)
- Abu Dhabi Corniche 8km
- Wadi Shawka 6km-12km (trail)
Do you think you have what it takes to complete the challenge?