Explore the eastern mangroves by kayak under the stars.
Kayak into the sunset with friends among the mangroves; learn about the legendary Ibn Sina and his connection to this thriving ecosystem that serves as a nursery for fish and a home to flamingos.
Listen to the sounds of the wild as the sun sets; discover creatures you never thought you would meet; and learn about the many species that inhabit the mangroves and the importance of conserving this precious habitat.
Join Noukhada to explore the Eastern Mangroves by kayak. No previous experience is necessary – all you need is curiosity and a sense of adventure. Every Thursday night, set out just before sunset in an intimate group of 16 kayakers for this two-hour adventure and take the opportunity to explore this secluded local gem.
February 7, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
February 14, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
March 7, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
March 14, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
Location: Eastern Mangroves, Abu Dhabi; https://goo.gl/maps/8MLG42J16BC2
Capacity: 16 people.
What to bring:
- Reusable water bottle (mandatory).
- Torches (preferably with red light).
- Waterproof camera (optional).
What to wear:
- Short or long-sleeved dry fit top.
- Beach shorts, fast-dry trousers.
- Beach shoes (mandatory) which should protect the feet against sharp shells, barnacles and litter. Flip Flops are not suitable, there will be muddy walks in the mangroves so shoes that stay on your feet are essential. A pair of old trainers are fine.